Shopping In Svendborg, Denmark marts 25, 2022 – Posted in: Denmark, Travel – Tags: Denmark, Holiday, Shopping, South Funen, Svendborg, Vacations, Weekend Breaks
*The article contains advertising links, read more here: Affiliate Partners*
Where to shop in Svendborg?
If you are going shopping in Svendborg, it is good to know where to find the best shops. In the old market town you will find some of the larger Danish high street stores, but do visit the town for the many small and unique shops. Here are vintage-inspired clothes, crafts, pottery and jewelry designers.
Shopping streets in Svendborg
Svendborg has two major pedestrian streets: Gerritsgade and Møllergade, with cozy detours to Kattesundet and Korsgade. In addition to high street stores such as VERO MODA and Zizzi, you will find smaller boutiques with clothing you can’t by elsewhere.
If you are looking for fun and unique shops, these can be recommended:
- Bjørkfashion sells retro dresses and accessories
- Mustus at the train station has a very large selection of dresses, especially in the vintage and retro style
- Glasdam in Korsgade is a small shop with a good selection
- Opposite you can find cute garden utensils, soaps, baskets and kitchenware at the lifestyle store Vinther & Lausten
- Phigo in Gerritsgade has luxury and branded goods for men and women
- The shoemaker Aksglæde can work miracles with any shoe and also has a large selection of ukuleles
- The city’s best selection of toys can be found in Monito
Artisan shops in Svendborg
If you want a unique gift or souvenir, Svendborg has many skilled artisans. Jalfe sells handicrafts and clothes, Catz sells earrings and jewelery and at Pottemager Tina Thomsen you will find the most beautiful pottery. Also visit Skab & Værk in Brogade, a unique shop community for local artists.
What to buy for a souvenir
Svendborg is also full of food and wine shops, where several focus on selling food and drinks from local producers. You can also go visit them yourself on a culinary trip to South Funen. The shops you can read about right here are all located in or right by the pedestrian street in Svendborg:
- The small tea shop Teatime & Aura in Korsgade has a heavenly tea scent, with tea from all over the world
- Opposite you will find the OsteSpecialisten, who in addition to delicious cheeses also sells local delicacies, including licorice confectionery from Hattesens Konfektfabrik on Ærø
- Svendborg has two organic bakeries with the most delicious breads and cakes – and you just have to try both! Brødkompagniet makes heavenly croissants and sourdough bread, like you’ve never tasted it before. At the top of Møllergade you will find Baguette, the small French-inspired bakery, where you can have the most beautiful cakes with a nice cup of coffee
- In Byens Gårdbutik you will find a large selection of local foods, including meat from Høkildegård, beer from Kunstbryggeriet Far & Søn and organic vegetables from local farms on South Funen
- Svendnorg Tourist Information at the harbor also has a selection of local specialties and can tell you more about where to find the many small farm shops on South Funen
- When you want to cook with all your groceries, Køkkenfreak is the place to go for kitchen utensils
Find a great hotel in Svendborg
Are you looking for a good hotel in Svendborg, we have collected a list of lovely hotels for you, all of which can be booked through Booking.com. See more hotels by doing your own search here:
A kids-friendly hotel in Svendborg
Hotel Christiansminde forms a lovely setting for a holiday with children. Here you live right by the beach with the long jetty, playground, ice parlour and mini golf course. In the hotel there is a games room in the basement with table tennis and a swimming pool, and on the sumptuous breakfast buffet there is something that all children like! From Christiansminde it is a 15 minute walk to Svendborg.
Read more about the hotel here: Hotel Christiansminde
A great hotel in Svendborg
Stay at the lovely Hotel Svendborg right in the city center. Whether you come by train or car, the hotel is easy to get to. The rooms are large and tastefully decorated. It is possible to choose a room with view of the city. Dine well in the hotel’s own Restaurant Krinsen, which has a menu inspired by seasonal local ingredients.
Read more about the hotel here: Best Western Plus Hotel Svendborg
An affordable hotel in the city center
If you’re planning to be out and about all day and just need a bed to sleep in, you will also find good and cheap accommodation in Svendborg. At Hotel Garni you live right by the harbor, opposite the train station and a 2-minute walk from the pedestrian zone. The hotel has 18 well-appointed rooms with everything you need for your holiday – including free wifi. Once you have checked in at Best Western Plus Hotel Svendborg, where you can also have breakfast, you can come and go as you please.
Read more about the hotel here: Hotel Garni